From vintage denim jackets to leather ones, there’s a whole world of options for women to choose a jacket of their liking.
The best thing about jackets for women is that they are not limited to just being worn for cold weather, they are fashion statements. Jackets are the best choice for women who desire to be stylish and fashionable.
Layers upon layers of material were used to create jackets that can protect a woman from the cold and sometimes also add warmth on cold winter days. In addition to comfort and warmth, if styled properly, looks with jackets can also be used for formal nights out e.g. women’s sleeveless bodysuits can be paired with leather jackets and pants for a killer look.
They are also versatile pieces of clothing, as they provide a woman with an opportunity to express her personal style at all times. The best part about jackets is that they can be worn with almost any outfit, regardless of its color or design.
The best thing about jackets for women is that they come in many different styles and types which can be used to create an appealing number of fashionable looks. This also means that women can find the perfect jacket for them without having to settle for one that does not fit their expectations!
What’s more – today, we are going to offer you a comprehensive styling guide that will help you pick a jacket that you love and give you tips to style it.
A Quick Guide: How to Style women’s jackets
This article will show you the best way to style a women’s jacket. You’ll learn all about the different types of jackets you can get your hands on, how to choose a jacket, and more!
I think we can all agree that jackets are an important aspect of your wardrobe and you don’t want to miss out on looking fashionable and stylish for whatever the situation calls for — in the office or even for a night out on the town.
But how does one style a jacket? More importantly, how do you know which jacket is the right one for you? Don’t worry, we have got you covered. All it takes is two easy steps. Let’s get started!
Step # 1: Picking the right size of jackets
It’s important to understand your needs to pick out the right jacket size. Some women are perfect to get a tighter fit while others prefer to size up so they can comfortably add an additional layer under the jacket.
Oversized denim jackets can also be used to create the perfect, baggy look when you pair them with leather boots and skinny jeans. Remember to try on the jacket first to make sure they are the right size and length that you are looking for.
Step # 2: The Top Five Looks Using Women’s Jackets
Now you know how to find the right jacket, here are the top five recommended looks you can create.
- The Leather Jacket Look: When wearing your women’s leather jacket, make sure that you pair it with the right top. For example, you can wear a full sleeve bodysuit underneath with leather pants. Add boots and a pair of funky earrings to complete the look. Alternatively, you can pair it with a white t-shirt and faded blue jeans for a casual look.
- The Plaid Flannel Jacket Look: Plaid flannel jackets are now back in style and they can act as the perfect top layer for winter. Plaid flannel jackets actually look great with white, high-waisted pants and a white top underneath. Don’t forget to add your high boots to the mix.
A black and white plaid jacket paired with white jeans and sneakers is a great winter look.
- The Denim Jacket Look: One of the trendiest and most timeless looks, the denim jacket never goes out of style. First, get your hands on a vintage denim jacket and a white t-shirt. Next, make sure that you wear a belt with jeans or slacks with sleek boots. This is definitely one of the classic ways to wear a denim jacket.
- The Oversized Blazer Look: If you happen to be one of those women who like to adopt edgy looks, this outfit is for you. Style a plain white t-shirt with an oversized blazer in gray, faded blue jeans and a pair of white sneakers with your hair pulled up in a messy bun for a casual, sassy look.
You can also pair a dress shirt with an oversized, black blazer for a more formal and boss lady look. The dress shirt underneath your jacket should be long-sleeved and tucked in to complement the style of the blazer with its design or color. Wear this look with a pair of penny loafers for an even more sophisticated look.
- The Plaid Trench Jacket Look: Long trench jackets are great for cold, wet winter days.
If you want to add some spice to this outfit, pair a leather pencil skirt with a black bodysuit and layer it with a plaid trench jacket. This is another boss lady look and if looks could kill, this would be it!