One of the most significant issues facing advertisers in Australia is the rising rate of mobile ad fraud across smartphone users in the country. Fraudsters are exploiting loopholes in digital advertising systems to defraud advertisers and publishers. Implementing tools and software for mobile ad fraud prevention has never been more crucial, especially with the growing e-commerce sector in Australia and the rising number of smartphone users. This article outlines how companies can use anti-fraud detection solutions to ensure they receive value for money when advertising on mobile devices.
Fraudsters have recognised that mobile is the fastest-growing advertising sector and are increasingly exploiting loopholes in ad systems. The digital advertising industry has become an easy target for criminals because it’s not just digital ads that are affected by fraudulent traffic but also advertisers and publishers. A recent study has claimed that mobile ad fraud has cost users in Australia and New Zealand about 72 million dollars every year. That amount is expected to rise if no proper mobile ad fraud prevention systems are implemented.
However, ad fraud can be reduced through anti-fraud detection tools at multiple points in the mobile ad delivery chain.
- Advertisement networks that purchase inventory from other sources risk being targeted by malicious actors who can compromise supply chains at multiple points in their delivery process. These fraudsters may attempt to hijack legitimate publishers’ media content by providing them with fake URLs so they can then redirect their visitors to malware-laden websites or landing pages designed to steal their credentials and personal information—as well as potentially collect data about what they’re interested in reading/watching online (or even offline).
- At other points along this same path, bad actors might try tricking ad networks into believing they’ve been served impressions when they haven’t been seen by anyone at all; this results in inflated reporting metrics on both sides which makes advertisers think more people are viewing their ads than exist online right now!
The Importance of Ad Fraud Detection Tools:
- Companies Can Interpret Data Generated By Anti-fraud Tools Without Many Hassles: The data generated by anti-fraud tools are only as valuable as interpreted. Data misinterpretation can lead to bad decisions, which will also be costly for the business. Companies with systems built for fraud detection can analyse the data and make decisions based on it.
- Anti-fraud Tools Are Crucial To Ensure Advertisers Receive Value For Money: As legitimate advertisers, companies will want to ensure that their money is being spent on high-quality traffic. This is the main reason why anti-fraud tools are crucial to ensure advertisers receive value for money. Ad fraud refers to malicious activity that results in misleading or false impressions, clicks and conversions and can be used by hackers to divert advertising budgets from legitimate publishers and advertisers into their own pockets.
- Advertisers Can Identify Potential Risks Before They Invest Their Hard-earned Money Into Ad Campaigns: Tools that detect fraudulent activity (e.g., low-quality traffic) before it occurs will help prevent fraudulent activity from occurring in the first place. These tools can also help advertisers identify and stop fraudulent activity once it has started happening.
- Monitor Abnormal Data Usage: Tools that monitor data usage patterns can help detect abnormal behaviour so that advertisers can take action before any damage happens. Tools that analyse data have been shown time after time again how valuable they are at finding patterns in their own data sets – identifying things like what percentage of users aren’t humans at all!