When you decide to embark on a trip to Port Douglas, you need to know how to get there and what the travel restrictions are due to covid. The best way to get there is from Cairns airport. The shuttle bus transfers are available there. They transfer passengers from Cairns Airport to Port Douglas using a convenient shuttle service after each flight.
The online booking desk usually organises direct transfers from Cairns Airport to Port Douglas without any stops. The Palm Cove transfers are also available which serves as a separate service.
If you decide to travel by shuttle bus, you will see the beautiful sunrises and sunsets all over the tropical Northern beaches. On this part of the journey, you will begin to feel like you are at the top of Australia. The closer you get to your destination, you will begin to have the feeling that your Port Douglas holiday is just around the corner.
During this journey, you could spend about 10 minutes driving past more sugar cane fields into the Southern end of Port Douglas.
How Can You Book Your Ticket to Port Douglas?
There are required steps that you must take and follow before you can embark on this trip to Port Douglas from Cairns Airport.
Below are the steps you should follow for a successful and enjoyable trip to Port Douglas:
- Firstly, you need to get yourself booked for your trip. After that, you will receive an instant confirmation through your registered email. In the mail, you will see your unique booking number, your pick up and all the transfer instructions included in the email.
- You can now meet the driver of the shuttle at carousel 1 just by the airport shuttle desk. Please note that the drivers already have the names of all passengers on a sign.
- When this is properly followed, the movement time is approximately about twenty minutes. All the luggage will be checked and then collected from the flight’s baggage carousel the moment your flight arrives on time.
- Your transfers to Port Douglas are confirmed using the receipt of your confirmation. When this is done, there won’t be any need for re-confirmation before your arrival at the destination.
The normal departure time is always three hours from Port Douglas before your flight is scheduled from Cairns. The actual time is always confirmed within 1-2 days before the time of departure via email to the email address you entered on your booking.
The moment you approach Cairns Airport, it’s a direct movement from Cairns Airport to your Port Douglas accommodation without any stops at Palm Cove.
You can also check for the prices of the Cairns airport shuttle so you can work to a proper budget.
The COVID Safe Travel Procedures
Since the outbreak of the COVID virus, there has been a change in the travel procedures.
Seats are now shared in the shuttle with spacing in-between each passenger and travel time has been scheduled to transport passengers from 6 am – 7 pm daily.
Any other time of movement that is not the same as the given time is usually a late night or early morning. It has to be a private transfer, and there will always be an additional charge.
Remember that instructions are provided together with a direct contact phone number that you can call. The number is written on your shuttle booking.
The time of transfer is 60-70 minutes from Cairns Airport all through to your accommodation in Port Douglas. There are usually no stops in between the journey.
At the airport, they make use of either Toyota HiAce, Coaster, or Hyundai iMax. It has about 7-13 seats and the vehicles are fully A/C in it, so sit back and enjoy your journey to Port Douglas.
The amount for each adult is usually about $43.75 for each person. For children under the age of 15, it costs $16.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the travel restrictions?
The travel restrictions do not include domestic travel but some conditions are required for you to follow Before traveling. They are:
- Everyone is recommended to have a face mask.
- Some regions in the town have their own restriction measures in place which have to be followed when you arrive in the town of Port Douglas.
- The domestic border crossings might be subjected to quarantine, approval and testing.
What’s the National COVID-19 Helpline in Port Douglas?
In case of any emergency that could come up while you are on this journey, you can easily reach the National COVID-19 helpline number in Port Douglas which is 1800 020 080.
Do I Have to Wear a Face Mask on Public Transport While in Port Douglas?
Yes! It is compulsory for you to wear a face mask on public transport in Port Douglas because it is regional advice which should be followed by every visitor for safety.
What Should I do if I Develop COVID-19 symptoms While in Port Douglas?
If you discover any symptoms of COVID in your body system, then it’s advisable for you to make yourself known to any official member of staff. You can also call the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080.