Termites, ticks, and mosquitoes pose significant health risks. While insects like mosquitoes and ticks spread disease, termites inflict expensive damage to buildings. It is important to have ongoing commercial pest solutions that inspect your location regularly and uses the best methods to keep pests at bay, Bronx pest control.
Being proactive through inspection and treatment is the best way to avoid pest problems in the future. Read on to learn what pest control companies use.
Pest control companies use chemicals to eradicate pests, but their exact chemical choice depends on what kind of pests they’re targeting. For example, the company may use rat poison if the pest is a rodent or an insecticide if it’s a spider or a roach. The common form of pest control is spraying pesticides.
- Chemicals are effective in eliminating pests from your home or business. They do not have to be applied directly to the insect because they will be carried back to the nest in their bodies and spread to others in the colony.
- It helps prevent them from returning after they’ve been eliminated, saving time and money for future treatments.
- Precise targeting. You can apply chemicals precisely and controlled. For example, you can use pesticides to target a specific pest with a specific chemical that will eliminate that particular type of pest from your home or business.
- They are easy to apply and have a short-acting effect on pests, so you can quickly eliminate them.
- Chemicals are harmful to humans and animals. Even non-toxic chemicals like diatomaceous earth (DE) can still irritate skin or eyes if used improperly or without proper safety equipment, such as gloves and goggles. Some people are allergic to certain compounds.
Traps attract pests and then kill them. The most common trap is a glue trap, which uses glue to stick the animal in place so it can’t get away. It can be dangerous for pets if they get stuck on these traps and their owners don’t know it, so it’s important to keep an eye on your pets when using them around your home.
Another type of trap is called an insect light trap. These are usually used for flies or other flying insects because they attract them with bright lights and then kill them by heating up inside the trap.
- Traps are effective at catching many pests at once. For example, a rat trap can catch more than one rat. It is why they are often used on farms with many rats around.
- Traps require little maintenance.
- Instead of employing poison, traps prevent mice from spreading the poison elsewhere.
- Dangerous to humans and animals.
Baits will lure animals into eating them so they can poison them with chemicals. The majority of chemicals are anticoagulants. The poison in the bait will quickly spread throughout the rat’s body, causing it to bleed to death internally.
- They kill multiple pests, including ants, roaches, fleas, and other common household pests. Baits are made up of food that the insect eats. The food contains a chemical that is poisonous to the insect.
- Baits are an effective way to kill pests. They work by attracting the pest with a food source, then killing them with either poison or an insecticide.
- Baits are used in places where spray and dust pesticides cannot, such as kitchens and other areas where food is prepared.
- Harmful to humans and animals.
Fumigation uses toxic fumes to kill pests. Fumigation involves placing gas-releasing devices in the home and leaving them for a set time. The gas then fills the home and kills any pests that are present. This method effectively kills many insects, such as cockroaches or termites.
- It is an effective method of killing pests. It can be particularly helpful if you have an infestation in your home or office, but you do not want to use pesticides on your furniture or other items because they may damage them.
- Fumigation kills pests without worrying about them returning.
- Fumigation effectively treats the most inaccessible bug infestations. It fills spaces, even if it’s already packed with your stuff.
- Fumigation is highly recommended for places where food is processed and stored and where there is a high risk of contamination.
- The gas can permeate an entire structure for several hours, so some insects may escape before dying.
- Fumigation requires professional assistance because it requires specialized equipment and training to perform properly.
Pest control companies have various products, and the process is a little more complex than you think. Whether your situation calls for more traditional methods or more innovative solutions, and regardless of whether insects or animals primarily cause a pest infestation, there are different methods for elimination, exclusion, and prevention.