A good night’s sleep is one of the most important things you can do for your health. But if you have allergies or sensitive skin, finding comfortable bedding that doesn’t irritate can be challenging. As such, French linen sheets are a great solution! They’re made from 100% long-staple European flax and handcrafted by skilled artisans who take their time with each production stage.
This means they’re durable and will last long without losing shape or colour. And because they’re made from natural fibres like cotton, wool and silk, they don’t put any harsh chemicals on your skin or body when you sleep on them at night, which makes them perfect for people with sensitive skin or allergies.
French Linen Is Gentle on Your Skin
While you may think that the softness of your sheets is a matter of preference, the truth is that some fabrics are more friendly to your skin than others. And if you’re sensitive or prone to allergies, this can contribute to how well your bedding works for you.
Linen is a natural fabric made from flax plants that grow mainly in Northern Europe and Asia. Linen has many benefits as an ingredient in bedding because it’s breathable and absorbs moisture, making it great for hot sleepers who need something that won’t stick to their bodies during the night.
It’s also hypoallergenic, so those with sensitive skin will have no trouble using these sheets without irritation or discomfort! Another reason linen sheets should be on your radar when shopping for new ones is that they are naturally antibacterial due to their high lignin content, which means no chemicals are needed!
Luxury French Linen Is Long-Lasting and Durable
French linens are often less expensive than Egyptian cotton, but they’re just as durable. These sheets will last years if you take care of them properly. They are easy to maintain, too; just wash in cold water on the delicate cycle with mild detergent, then air dry. And what about all those wrinkles? A quick ironing should do the trick! And if you don’t feel like ironing your linen bedding, don’t worry; most people consider it a bonus rather than an inconvenience!
Using French Linen Will Protect Your Skin
Using sheets made of French linen can protect you and your skin from the following:
- Dust Mites: Dust mites are microscopic creatures that live in the bedding and clothing of people with allergies. They feed on skin scales and shed dander, which can trigger reactions in some people.
- Allergens: Allergic reactions are caused by exposure to substances that you’re sensitive or allergic to, such as pollen or pet dander. When these allergens come into contact with the body, an immune reaction occurs where antibodies protect your body from what it perceives as an invader, such as an allergen.
They’re Typically Made by Hand
You might have noticed that the price of a French linen sheet is higher than the average sheet set. And this is because they’re handmade, which means they are made by hand in small batches. This makes them a more expensive product than machine-made sheets, but it’s worth it. You see, handmade sheets are:
- They are more comfortable than machine-made ones because they don’t contain any chemicals or dyes.
- They are more durable than machine-made ones because the fibres are tightly woven together.
- They are more luxurious than machine-made ones because each sheet has been carefully crafted with care and attention to detail.
People choose French linen sheets for their softness, durability and keeping their colour well. The other reason people choose them is because of how luxurious they feel. Besides, using these sheets will save you from several allergies and infections.